Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Tree

Well, we got our Christmas tree today. As soon as the kids got home from school we took off. It was about 3:30 and we were worried it would be closed, it gets dark so early and last year we came when they were closed. After we got there we discovered they close at 4:00 so Justin took off with the 3 older kids while I stayed at the car trying to strap Kami into a baby carrier. By the time I caught up to them it started to rain. Justin was hurrying through the trees trying to find a good one before they close, Katie and I were trying to keep up and Jason was bringing up the rear pulling the cart wth Jacob on it. We quickly found a tree and chopped it down. Justin had the foresight to bring our own saw, in the past we've used theirs and it takes forever to cut a tree down. So we had the tree down and on the cart in no time and we hustled back to the entrance. This place takes cash or check only and we had neither on us, luckily they had an ATM machine. Which was really slow and charges you $1.50. Justin accidentally pushed the button for $20. So he had to do it again and get charged another $1.50. Luckily the tree only cost $24.95 so another $3 wasn't going to kill us. Justin loaded the tree on top of our van and we were off. I think we left around 4:00. So it only took us half an hour to find a tree, cut it down, pay for it and load it up. That's a record!!

Our tree getting netted.
Quick photo-op.Jason took this picture of me and Kami. I handed him the camera and told him to take our picture. This is the only way I can show I was really there, I'm usually the one behind the camera. The kids did most of the decorating. My shoulders were sore (we think from basketball, that's another story) so I helped with the lights but sat on the couch and supervised the ornaments.
Jason did most of the ornaments, he helped supervise Katie and told her how to put up the ornaments so they were evenly spaced. Kami sat on my lap and watched.
(Katie wanted to take her picture, that darn orange light made her look surprised again).

Here's some video of us hauling away our tree.

3 comments:

Beachgrama said...

Your tree looks great, I will get to see it this year. Looks like everyone had fun, and you were able to pick one out in a short amount of time, I remember we took forever when you were little, too many girls trying to make a decision I guess.

Lara said...

What a nice lookin tree. Seeing all these real trees makes me want to get one this year. We have had the same tree our whole married life and it is on its last leg, or trunk rather.

Bake Party of 6 said...

Can't believe it's that time of year already - Christmas! Looks like fun and great memories. I'm amazed with your record time of 1/2 hr. Thats Amazing!