Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Haunted Halloween

My three trick-or-treaters. Sorry, no pics of Kami (as if I don't have enough). She spent most of the night asleep in her stroller and wasn't wearing a costume.

Katie's costume was called a sweetheart bat. She wanted something "scary" but "pretty".
Jacob was a very cute monkey, it's hard to see but his costume came with a banana in the pocket. He got the hang of trick-or-treating at our ward party and was so excited to go. He pushed his way through older kids to get to the door and didn't care if Katie and Jason were with him or not. Although, he had a hard time understanding why we skipped some houses, he didn't know lights out meant no one was home. He wanted to hit every house. For awhile he kept coming back to show me his candy, like he was thinking "look these people gave me free candy too!"
Jason was a ghoul. His mask didn't last too long because it was a little bent out of shape and was rubbing on his eye. Last year he had a mask that "smelled weird" so he didn't wear that very long either. I tried to talk him out of another costume with a mask but he was insistent. Somebody remind me about these mask issues next year.
Justin spent a lot of time turning our garage into the scariest house in the neighborhood. Trick-or-treaters entered one side and walked through to the other side where Justin was waiting in this costume (below) with their reward for bravery=candy. After the night was through I did a walk through of the garage to capture it on video. The first time you couldn't see a thing, so we turned on the lights and did it again. So watch the video below and imagine it a lot darker.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the Kobers was the place to go for trick or treating, I remember Justin talking about wanting to turn the garage into a haunted house. You have just started a tradition in the neighborhood..... How fun for the kids!!!!
Love everyone's costume, Katie looked so pretty with her makeup on, and Jacob adorable with that smile of his and Jason and Dad looked pretty scary.
Did Mom go through and pick out the good stuff?
It is fun to see it all on the blog.
Love you all.........Grandma

Lara said...

You guys looked so good! And I love the haunted garage! I wish we lived by you!!

Bake Party of 6 said...

I wish I could have went trick or treating at your house - awesome! Everyone looked fantastic, I loved the Halloween spirit at the Kobers!

Saunders said...

You guys had the best house ever. What a fun night it was!