Jason had a great birthday. On his birthday (Thursday)I brought him lunch at school. A crispy chicken sandwich, Jr. bacon cheeseburger (extra bacon), fries and a Sprite from Wendy's. I also made peanut butter cookies to pass out to his class. Luckily no one had a peanut allergy. The 3 other kids went with me. We were in his class for about an hour and then it was time for Katie to get to class. That night we had planned to go out to dinner as a family but Justin had to be at the church at 6:30. I wanted the day to still feel special so I invited the Saunders over and decided I'd make dinner and we'd go out to eat on Saturday. Well he chose crepes. So we made sausage, bacon and crepes with several different kinds of toppings to choose from (whip cream, carmel sauce, pureed strawberries, raspberry pie filling, syrup, and blackberry jam). I don't think it was a big hit with the Saunders but our family loved it. On Friday I was asked to watch a friend of his overnight. So this friend rode the bus home from school with him, stayed the night, then went to his party the next day. On Saturday Justin took Jason and 4 friends ice skating and then back to our house for pizza and presents. He wanted a Reeses Blizzard cake from DQ but I forgot to order one. Apparently it's not the kind of thing they keep in stock. So we got a peanut butter and chocolate cake from Baskin Robbins. I apologized to him for not having the cake he wanted (he doesn't like regular cake) and he said "I never get what I want." So later that day he had his first indoor soccer game (I forgot my camera) and afterward we went out to dinner (his choice) to IHOP. He ordered crepes. Let's just say I'm glad Jason's birthday week is over. Jason got a lot of what he wanted the last few days. On top of it all both Justin and I were fighting nasty colds all week. Justin asked why I seemed to be trying so hard to please Jason this year by agreeing to all his whims and demands. I guess he's such a good kid that I felt like rewarding him. I'm always asking him to do things that the other kids don't have to do because he's the oldest and most responsible. And he usually does it without complaining.
I didn't get a lot of pictures the last few days but I do have some video of Jason blowing out his candles. I got trick candles that re-light, I don't think he's ever seen them before, we finally had to put them put them out with water.
2 comments:
Looks like Jason had a pretty cool 8th Birthday. Why is it so fun to trick little kids, he and his friends got a kick out of those candles, made me laugh watching him try to do it.
Grandma
I am always thinking about how much I am messing up Emma because she is the oldest and the first in everything, the experiment child. Sounds like Jason really deserved a great birthday and he got it. What a good boy he is! And what a good mommy too!
Post a Comment