Well I guess passing 2 kidney stones in one day wasn't enough for me. I passed another one this past weekend. Last time they said I had a stone in each kidney, so when I passed 2 kidney stones I thought that was it. I should have known better when my pain was only in the left side. I woke up on Saturday and my lower back was sore, which isn't out of the ordinary when your pregnant. It didn't go away and eventually I started having pain in my right side. I kept telling Justin it felt like a kidney stone but how could that be since I just passed two the weekend before. Well, the pain finaly became too much and I called my doctor who said to take two Tylenol every 6 hours and drink lots of fluid, or she said I could come to the hospital again. I didn't really want to go to the hospital again but with pain like that Tylenol wasn't going to cut it, and I also started throwing up and wasn't able to keep any fluids down anyway. So after suffering all day at home we finally decided to go to the hospital that night. Long story short, I stayed overnight and passed that darn stone at 1:30 in the morning. Now, I really hope my kidney problems are behind me until I have this baby.
I want to say thank you to Lisa and Brett for taking our kids overnight at the last minute. Brett had a final to take online and Lisa worked that night until 8:30, so I know it wasn't the most convenient timing for them. Thanks so much!
Monday, May 5, 2008
I passed ... again!
Posted by JKKober at 9:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is just the worst luck! What a horrible thing to have to go through...over and over again! Is there anything to do to help prevent kidney stones? Although if there is I am sure you have already been doing it. You poor thing!
Thanks for not posting a picture of the kidney stone...it was weird enough to see it in person. I aced my final while watching 6 kids, so glad to help out.
Post a Comment