Monday, May 19, 2008

Barbecue at Grandma and Grandpa's

Saturday we went to a combination birthday/barbecue/yard work party at Justin's parent's house. We celebrated all the birthdays in April, May and June. Bob and Marsha asked for some help in the yard as their birthday present. I was excluded from yard work for obvious reasons but felt bad I couldn't help out more. The kids had fun with thir cousins and we had a barbecue. Unfortunately, we had record breaking heat that day, I think it was just over 90 degrees.

Jacob had the best time blowing bubbles, and he actually was successful a few times. Although, I think he dripped or spilled most of it.


Katie was more adept at the bubble blowing.

Laci, Katie and Summer pretending to be surfers.

Scott and Justin preparing to take a load to the dump. Apparently, they nearly took a guys head off when unloading this basketball hoop at the dump. It was very awkward because one end had the hoop and backboard and the other end of the pole was filled with concrete.
It doesn't look like it, but Jacob had a fun ride in the paddleboat. Those life jackets are just a bit uncomfortable when your 2 years old. See video of his boat ride below.


Katie was the only one to go in the lake.

Here's the birthday group: Amy, Brittany, Pieper, Me, Marsha and Bob






1 comments:

Lara said...

What cute pictures! And what a great place to live. I love how the water is so close!! Jacob was so cute waving at the camera in the video! Cute kids!!