So we made plans to hit the pumpkin patch with Grandma and Grandpa Kober and all the Kober cousins and aunts and uncles. But these things never go quite as planned. Grandma was sick and didn't make it, Uncle Jake had to work, and we had a massive rainstorm hit. But we still trudged on and everyone had a great day.
Kami wore one of Katie's old coats as a cape to keep her dry. We didn't have anything waterproof for her to wear. But she seemed not to mind it.
I think it was actually raining when I took this picture.
Heading over to watch people shoot pumpkins out of a cannon.
Kami on the hay ride on Kelsey's lap. Thank you Kelsey and Allie for taking turns helping out with Kami. I really appreciated it.
Daddy and Jacob on the hay ride.
My best shot of Katie on the hay ride
Grandpa, Jason and Mommy on the hay ride
I got Jacob up on this saddle but couldn't get him to smile
I called Katie over and said "Katie, come let me take your picture on this saddle." She hopped right up, posed and smiled. Katie is always ready for a photo op.
Daddy and Jacob checking out the livestock
All the cousins (minus Pieper who was uncooperative, and Ireland who was strapped to her mom, and Kimber who is too old to be in these kinds of photos. But they were there too.)
Watching the pig races
We did the pony rides and then the rain started to pour (look in the background)

We waited out the rain in a giant playroom filled with corn
I have never seen this much corn in my life. Even Kami had fun.
Making corn angels






"I found my pumpkin, now can somebody help me?"
Daddy vetoed this pumpkin. He said you have to be able to pick it up. Jacob, sadly, could not.
But you can't have rainbows like these, without the rain...not that I'm complaining about the rain.
Afterward we had dinner at Scott and Amy's house and the kids did a craft project and decorated cookies. I left my camera in the car and didn't get any pictures of that. But we made the most of the day with the weather and all and everyone had a great time. I'm learning that in Washington, you can't wait for the rain to stop to do what you want to do. Just get out there, get wet, and have fun!
4 comments:
It WAS fun! Yes, even in the rain.
Corn angels.....now thats a new one!
Looked like a fun outing. Rain or shine, it's always fun with family!
I love this time of year! Glad everyone had a great time - pumpkin patches make the best memories.
Looks like a great pumpkin patch. I love the corn angels too.
I hate the fact that we missed you in HB. We were so close!
Post a Comment