Last month Jacob had Harvest Day at preschool. His preschool is located on his teacher's property behind her house. She has lots of fruit trees and plants lots of vegetables. She also has farm animals. On this day the kids went out into her garden to learn about where vegetables come from and pick their own vegetables to take home.
They are heading out to check out the giant zucchini and pick some green beans.
Here's the giant zucchini (someone correct me if I'm wrong about it being zucchini).
Watching Mrs. Spencer dig up the onions.
Getting his onions (scallions, I think).
Trying to decide which carrots to pick.
Jacob picked some of the biggest carrots, he pulled them both at the same time.
Picking his potato
Ooops, he got two. I told him to put the little one back :)
Following their teacher into the corn to get up close and personal with nature.
The kids all had fun getting out of the classroom and I think it was a great learning experience. Jacob ended up bringing home an ear of corn, a tomato, a potato, 2 carrots, some onions, and a green bean. Thanks Mrs. Spencer, your the best!
The kids all had fun getting out of the classroom and I think it was a great learning experience. Jacob ended up bringing home an ear of corn, a tomato, a potato, 2 carrots, some onions, and a green bean. Thanks Mrs. Spencer, your the best!
3 comments:
And so did he eat all of his vegetables? What a neat preschool.
OK, I LOVE this!! I am so jealous of that garden! And what a great idea to involve the kids. So cool!
No, he didn't eat the vegetables. I hate to admit that they really didn't get eaten.
Post a Comment