Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Jacob's First Day of Preschool

Yesterday Jacob had his meet the teacher day. It was for only half an hour and only 5 kids at a time. That way he could familiarize himself with his teacher and classroom with Mommy nearby. First Mrs. Spencer had him pick an animal/insect sticker that would be on his cubby and placemat so he would know where his stuff was until he's able to read his name.Here he is deep in thought choosing his sticker. He went with a dragonfly. He's coloring his placemat and looked up at me and saw me taking his picture, that's why he's smiling the way he is. His teacher had several colors of construction paper laid out and asked him which one he wanted. He said yellow and that wasn't one of the ones she had out. So she got him yellow from the cupboard. I think he'll know which placemat is his because it will be the only yellow one.

Storytime, learning about making "thumbs up" choices and "thumbs down" choices
Mrs. Spencer showing them the proper behavior in the treehouse. Jacob is waving.
When we first left the house for preschool he told me not to leave him, I said I wouldn't. Then on our way home he said "Mommy, tomorrow when I go to preschool and you leave me here, I'm gonna have fun." He was so excited to go back the next day for his first full day.
So today I dropped him off, walked him to the door and he put one hand on the doorknob, waved to me and said "bye, Mommy" and walked right in, no tears at all.
Thank you Mrs. Spencer for a great "first" day of school for my little preschooler.

2 comments:

Beachgrama said...

Glad he did so well. Loved the picture of him concentrating on what insect to pick. Shows he is a thinker!!!
The fact he picked a color he liked, not what everyone else picked. Shows he is very independent. Of course I'm a bragging Grandma.....but he is just so darn cute!!!

Lara said...

What a big boy! Looks like a great school too!