Jacob recently had Harvest Day at preschool. The preschool is on their teacher's property and she grows all sorts of vegetables. So the kids took a "field trip" out back to learn about how things grow and pick their very own vegetables to take home. I love that they don't have to travel to a farm to experience these things. She also has chickens, pigs and a cow. Last year the pig and piglets and they were able to come see them.
Learning about corn. She also had them walk through the rows of corn to get them a little more "in touch" with nature. She wanted all the kids to pick their own root vegetables out of the dirt so they wouldn't be afraid of bugs or getting their hands dirty. What a great experience. I even learned a little bit about how vegetables grow and pollinate themselves. I love Mrs. Spencer!
1 comments:
No fair!! I want to go to Mrs. Spencer's house! How fun!
Post a Comment