Saturday, August 9, 2008

Leavenworth

It's been two weeks since we got back from Leavenworth and I'm finally posting some pictures. For those of you who don't know, it's a little bavarian town in Washington. We went with Justin's parents, and brothers and sister and their families. We stayed for 2 nights all in the same hotel. Which was a lot of fun swimming in the pool (the outdoor one was more popular but they also had an indoor one), and seeing everyone at the buffet style sit down breakfast. These pictures aren't in chronological order but you get the jist of our trip.

Daddy just bought taffy for them, if you look closely Jacob's right cheek looks like a chipmunk's. I don't think he was supervising their taffy intake.There were 2 goats that lived on a hill right across from our hotel and their fence was right by the sidewalk.The kids were able to get real close but I was afraid one of them might lose a finger.Here's everyone checking out the goats on another day.I swear I have a picture of me kissing this same bear from our last trip to Leavenworth 10 years ago. ButI couldn't find it to post on this blog but I'll keep looking.
Katie wanted to kiss the bear too, but had a hard time reaching him, so she settled for kissing the goat.
We had a hard time getting Jacob to pet the goat for the picture. I don't think he understood what we were trying to do.
There was a really cool putting golf course. Justin took Jason and Katie with Grandma and Grandpa. I stayed back at the hotel with the two little ones. It was a really hot day!
I'm told Katie got a hole in one on this hole. She hit it from about where she's standing, up the hill to the pin. Good job Katie!
Taking a break from golfing with Grandma and Grandpa This is a shot of the golf course, with the goats on the far hill and our hotel is in the upper left corner. Everything was conveniently located.
On our last day the kids wanted to walk down by the Wenatchee river and cross this bridge that they had seen from afar. Jason took this picture. I included it because there aren't too many shots of Justin and I, even though I am just a head.
Uncle Ryan and Jason
Grandpa and Uncle Jake pushing Pieper and Jacob
Pieper and Jacob, they are about 2 and a half months apart.
Jacob with Grandma, Sarah, Allie, Pieper and Brittany
It's hard to tell but I caught Jason in midair jumping into the pool
Jacob felt safe and secure with his dual flotation devices

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your family has had quite the summer vacations. Good for you considering how hard it is traveling with 4 kids in tow, and a newborn to boot.
And getting your rooms painted too, I'm exhausted! What Great Parents!!!

Lara said...

What a fun trip! Leavenworth looks like a cute little place to visit. You guys have been busy lately haven't you.