Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Jacob and Mommy's trip to Cali

Jacob and I took a quick trip to California from Jan 31 to Feb 5. We split our time between Huntington Beach and San Diego. Jacob had a great time and didn't seem to miss Daddy or his brother and sister. He got spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa Helm and found a new buddy in Abby. We even found time to go to the Swap Meet and the beach. But most of all he met his new cousin, Sophie. Here's some pictures from our adventure:

Grandma and Grandpa Helm

Ok, Grandpa, go!

I can't believe I use to play on this swingset.

Jacob was enjoying himself and didn't want to get off.

Grandpa Eastwood said the lighting wasn't right here, I took the picture anyway and I think it turned out okay. We decided that sitting down they were the same size, but Abby's legs were dangling much farther off the edge.

Great Grandma and Grandpa Eastwood

This was their first day together, neither one knew what to think of the other.

Jacob was enamored with Sophie.


No Jacob, not on the lips!
Sophie Bake

Bathtime!


The boys


Jacob's first day at the beach where he could actually enjoy it. Although he wanted nothing to do with the water. I'm surprised this shot catches him so close to it.

Too cute.

Jacob was uncooperative for the camera, this was our best shot together at the beach.

They fought over shovels and buckets, after all they did all belong to Abby. Here is a moment of peace in the Shovel/Bucket War.

Sophie enjoyed the beach from the safety of mommy's lap.

She also enjoyed the beach from Jacob's lap (Mommy only relinquished Sophie so she could take Abby to the bathroom).

Aren't they cute!
I have to admit we posed them, Abby actually has a firm grip on Jacob's hand s we could get the shot. He pulled his hand away a second later. It's still cute.

A fun day at the beach, but time for a nap before heading off to the airport.

Waiting in the terminal.

Jacob thought he was pretty cool in his car seat. I took him out soon after this shot because he kept kicking the seat in front and the guy in that seat wasn't too happy about it.

Our view out the window on the way home

The San Diego coastline

0 comments: