We celebrated New Year's Eve on New York time at my sister Lisa's house. The kids all had a blast with hats, silly string, glow sticks and poppers courtesy of Grandma.

Jason gets it right in the face.
Justin ducked just in time, but I think he still got some in his mouth.
This is what Lisa's floor looked like after we were done. Thanks Lisa for hosting the party. She said something about it being my turn next time.
Afterward the kids all settled down and watched a movie. They watched a Veggie Tales movie called The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. It was actually a pretty cute little movie.
First you spread the butter. Mmmmm...fattening my favorite.
Then Justin sprinkled on the cinnamon and brown sugar.
We were trying to arrange them correctly so there would be room for them to rise, we weren't sure how big they would get.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the finished product. While we waited for them to rise my stomach wasn't feeling good and I fell asleep on the couch. We had gone out to dinner at Black Angus and I think I ate too much. Between the bread, the salad, the fried zucchini, the steak and the Mud Slide dessert I think you can see why my stomach was mad at me. Which is why I am dieting and watching what I eat in the New Year. Anyway, the cinnamon rolls had just come out of the oven when Justin woke me up and we went home. They were really good the next morning when I finally got to have one..or two. (I have no self-control.)
Afterward the kids all settled down and watched a movie. They watched a Veggie Tales movie called The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. It was actually a pretty cute little movie.CINNABON
I got the Cinnabon recipe from my friend's blog (thanks Carrie) and I was finally able to make it with my new Kitchen Aid I got for Christmas. It took a lot longer than I thought. I started it around noon on New Year's Eve Day but had to let it rise twice. Here's my mom and Justin finishing them up that night while the kids watched the movie.
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the finished product. While we waited for them to rise my stomach wasn't feeling good and I fell asleep on the couch. We had gone out to dinner at Black Angus and I think I ate too much. Between the bread, the salad, the fried zucchini, the steak and the Mud Slide dessert I think you can see why my stomach was mad at me. Which is why I am dieting and watching what I eat in the New Year. Anyway, the cinnamon rolls had just come out of the oven when Justin woke me up and we went home. They were really good the next morning when I finally got to have one..or two. (I have no self-control.)
4 comments:
What a good idea to do New Year's Eve on New York time for the kids (and some of us parents). Those cinnamon rolls look amazing.
What a fun night! I've been wanting to try out the Cinnabon recipe too. I saw it on a blog as well. I'm sure the were delicious!
Those cinnamon rolls look so yummy!
The cinnamon rolls look delicious. I would love to get that recipe from you.
Post a Comment