Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Our vacation to Utah

Okay, we took an 8-day trip to Utah and got home a week ago but I'm just now posting the pictures from our trip. We left on a Saturday and drove to Caldwell (outside of Boise) and stayed in a hotel. The next day we got into Salt Lake and stayed at the Shilo Inn for 2 nights. We went to temple square and toured the Conference Center. We showed the kids all the place we used to live, the hospital where Jason was born (LDS Hospital), The University of Utah, and we even went to dinner at restaurant we used to frequent (The Training Table). Justin and I had a fun time seeing the changes to the area and passing by familiar landmarks. I think the kids were pretty bored. We also got to visit my friend Lara and her family but I didn't take any pictures. And we visited Justin's friend Eric and his family, once again we didn't take any pictures. We ended up at my aunt's house in Layton Tuesday night, for our 3 day reunion. The reunion consisted of my parents and their kids and grandkids and my mom's twin sister and her kids and grandkids. Wednesday we had a Luau and stayed at the house. Thursday we went to a water park called Cherry Hill, that night me and all my cousins and spouses went out to dinner and the grandparents babysat. That was 4 adults watching 14 kids from ages 14 to 3 months (we took Kami with us). The next day was Friday, we took the Frontrunner train into Salt Lake and went to the Gateway shopping center. We took the kids to Discovery Gateway, a hands on kids museum-type place, and then let them play in a fountain in their swimsuits. Then on Saturday we headed home again, this time we stopped in La Grande, Oregon. The Saunders stopped there too and we stayed in the same hotel. We all had Taco Bell together and then went for a swim in the hotel pool. I stayed in the room with Kami and Jacob. We got home by about 2:00 on Sunday afternoon so it was nice to have time to unpack and do some laundry (and RELAX) before getting back into real life Monday morning. So I split up our pictures into several slideshows to break it up. So check them out.

1 comments:

Lara said...

What fun slideshows!! Thank you for coming to visit us too. I wish it could have been for longer. My kids loved playing with yours and Lisa's. They now have been saying how much they want to visit Wash. I wonder why...